Comment Linking

Now that I have content on this site I’m ready for the world to find it. There are many ways to increase the about of web traffic coming into your site. While Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not an exact science, we do know that links can build traffic.

Today I thought I would try comment linking. Comment linking is about building links to your website or blog by posting comments in other blogs that are within your niche. I also created a spread sheet to keep track of sites that I have commented on. You could also bookmark each site and keep track of your links that way.

You should only post on sites that are within your niche and never post, "Nice blog" or "Great Post" as it may be considered spam. Try to leave a post that is relevant but leaves the reader wanting to learn more about your site. You don't want Google to crackdown on you for spamming other sites with your links, this could net you a permaban from Ad Sense.

I also installed Site Meter into this blog; SiteMeter will allow me to keep track of the methods being used to generate traffic to my blog. This is a great way to find out where your traffic is coming from. Site Meter is free you can sign up at SiteMeter.com.

I will be posting updates to this article to show if this tactic works well for driving web traffic. I am skeptical to say the least but will give anything a chance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment