Less is More

Have you ever asked yourself, "what can I do to become a better blogger." I have asked myself that same question a million times, but have I really thought about what I'm doing wrong. I would have to say, NO.

Being new to blogging in general was a little over whelming at first, and still is in most cases. Familiarizing myself with the layouts, building traffic, adding quality article, and busting balls to get some featured article is a tremendous amount of work. I have a few blog sites that I maintain and have a few other side projects that I'm currently working on.

I have found out that writing articles to each of my blogs, updating several websites, maintaining a YouTube Channel, and other similar project at one time is time consuming to say the least. I wanted to start out slow but I'm thinking I got a little carried away.

Last week was so chaotic that I left myself with no time to improve my overall blogging skill sets.
I believe we all posess a set of skills that need to be refined from time to time. Old skills need to be deleted and new skills need to be added to keep up with the influx of new technologies.

We all have a different set of skills that we start out with and with some hard work and study we can improve on those skills. Only by reducing the amout of time that we devote on new endevors, can we ensure that our new skills are being refined properly.

Last week, I accomplished the task of consolidating some of my projects and put new endeavors on hold. I will concentrate on the sites I currently host and try to improve only on my current sites. I have been looking for new and insightful ways to improve my blog and I hope to add a few new skills during the process.

Remember, sometimes less is more. Make work a little bit easier by fine tuning what you have and not rushing more content at the expense of quality.

The best way for me to know how well I'm blogging is to ask for feedback from those of you that read my articles. The feedback can be positive or negative,
what I'm wanting to know is:


  • Do you like the layout of the site?
  • Do I need to add more content or do you have content you would like to see?
  • Would you like to see featured articles?
  • Do you think the pages too busy?
  • How frequently would you like to see content added?

0 comments:

Post a Comment